Video settings for Sony RX100 II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duarte

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey!

I finally got the Sony RX100 II and the Ikelite housing and I can't wait to go dive with it!

I've been reading about the video settings on the RX100 II but I'm still confused.

What is the best option for underwater and for land? 24p , 60i or 60p? I read that 24p is the quality you want for a more cinematic look but the 60p allows you to do slow-motion which is very useful in UW video. So I'm not sure which to use

Also, I know that when you're shooting with a DSLR you want the shutter speed to be at 1/50, does that also apply to the RX100 II?

I will post photos of my UW rig soon :)

Can anyone help me?

I'm still confused about this one "I know that when you're shooting with a DSLR you want the shutter speed to be at 1/50, does that also apply to the RX100 II?"

I am in a PAL country and shoot 25p. If you are in NTSC and want to shoot 24p make sure you can play it properly or it will be scatty (other word for cinematic look). It all you do is to watch on computers tablet it won't make any difference anyway

Thank you interceptor!

What about the shutter speed? Should I only film at 1/50 like on a DSLR? Not sure how it works with the Sony RX100 II

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom