Meikon housing - RX100ii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have this?

I've seen the review for the RX100: Meikon Underwater Housing for Sony DSC-RX100 Review: Digital Photography Review and for the price it looks pretty good. I have found a distributor in HK who is selling it for around USD115. I got the contact from Meikon directly, so I am hoping it is legit.

Anyone else had experience with this casing? I'm normally only diving twice a year, so don't need anything fancy, just something to take decent(ish) pictures when I go diving.

Also, anyone with the RX100 range of cameras, I presume no grips on the camera as they won't work with the housing?

I have one, have had it down to 132 feet without issue. You are correct in that the camera will not fit if a grip is attached

Great, thanks. Shame about the grip. Wish manufacturers would design cases which allow for the grip to fit.

Now I have to decide, do I want the casing or do I want the grip.

Well... let say it this way. No housing for the mk ii allow u to fit the grip. :)

Hi pin i am not a user of that housing but i got research about it ; other forums view and youtube review about all kind of meikon housings look nice but indeed it is a polymer housing one my friend has purchased one of them and he was quite happy with that but as a diver who had give his 2 camera to sea i thing polymer housings are not trustworthy but my search contunes , one of good part of it you can attach lenses to that housing . Moreover according to company they are working on a alloy housing and i am waiting fot it.

Quick update. Bought the housing and went diving over Christmas.

Yes, had to remove the grip, which was annoying, but not much I could do about that.

Bit busy now, but will try and write a bit more detailed review in due course. However the quick takeaway is that for US$115 this housing is a total bargain. There are one or two issues with it, but I really cannot complain for the price. For someone like me (who maybe gets in 10 - 15 dives a year) this is a great housing. Overall very happy.

Now u can borrow add a strobe and a diopter... borrow from friends on trip.

Some photos of the housing here: Meikon - Imgur

Some photos taken while diving and snorkelling: Lombok diving - Imgur

Re the diving photos, I'm still getting used to the camera and casing settings, so they are not the best. I did do some post processing on my Nexus 7 tablet as well.

As said overall the casing was great. I did scratch the back up a bit, but apart from that it held out quite well. Few minor gripes were that I don't think the trigger button was hitting properly, so sometimes I would have to push it slightly to the right to get it to press properly, otherwise I think it was trying to focus (half press) rather than doing a full press. I think this may be due to alignment issues.

Other minor problem is that the metal on the cap cable is already rusting.

But overall, excellent value.

NB Housing for Sony RX100II

Try to contact Fun-In CHINA
CHINA
www.fun-in.cn
info@fun-in.cn
广州展示中心 Guangzhou Show Room
510000 广州市越秀区东华南路96号
海印摄影城三楼C01铺
Shop C01 ,HIGHSUN Photographic Center No.96, Donghua South Road,
Yuexiu District, Guangzhou City, 510000 CHINA
TEL: 18588606147