Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maat1976

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're on our third dive trip with the rx100 / nauticam / sea and sea strobe.

The strobe is firing as expected but is having a syncing issue because when you view it you can see the strobe had no effect from the direction of the light. I've tried a million and one combinations of settings, and have the flash on the rear flash setting.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

The internal strobe needs to be set on fill flash always on not rear curtain or it will fire at the end of the exposure
The external strobe either TTL or pre-flash as you can't cancel the pre-flash on the RX100

We tried every flash option, including fill and nothing works. I think there is something else going on, but I will try it again now.

---------- Post added January 17th, 2015 at 07:18 PM ----------

Nope, no flash setting syncs with the strobe. Not fill, not slow, or rear. Every photo is black. :(

---------- Post added January 17th, 2015 at 07:43 PM ----------

Have since fixed it by reading other threads on the same subject. Happy days - our photos are saved. :)

maat1976

I had the same problem with a spare RX100 that I bought used... all setting chages in the camera delivered a slow preflash.. i don't know why!!
but I solved immediately by resetting the camera to factory settings.. after this everything go well! like my first rx100.... :-D

I reset everything to factory and then started with all the on flash settings. It was the middle one (I forgot the name). Maybe slave?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom