Sardine Run 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swordfish66

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I am thinking about a diving trip to South Africa during the sardine run season (June/ July). Has anyone of you done this already?

I would be thankful for some information about the best way to plan such a journey (for example, if it is better to book everything in advance, or if one could fly there and then have a look what comes best). Another important aspect would be: How much time would you recommend and how much money has to be burnt (on average)?

And would you recommend a particular dive base?

EDIT: Ooops, sorry, haven't seen there is a South African Divers sub-forum! Dear Mods, could you please move it?! Sorry!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Pieter! I will have a look in it.

But are there any other hints or recommendations? I am especially interested in recommendations based on your own experiences.

So, what are your experiences when you were diving the sardine run?

There are a lot of local dive centres operating special dives during the Sardine Run. I'm heading to Crystal Diver's SA in three weeks time to check it out, and they are located at the Blue Marlin hotel so you won't need to travel between the hotel and the dive shop. It's all nicely bundled together.

Give them a shout: Crystal Divers South Africa

One of my deepest regrets is missing out on a chance to "dive with the sardines" when I lived in SA. Cannot recall her name, and she was very beautiful... but my choice was the wrong one.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom