San Andres Island, Colombia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karen Es

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I'm travelling to San Andres next Sunday and I wonder if there are great (and not so deep) spots to dive.
I've heard you can go 43 metres without feeling it, but as I'm taking some medicine for high blood pressure (even though I'm 34), I was recommended not to go under 10 metres.
Any tips?
Thanks!
Karen

San Andres has nice shallow dives along the west shore. There are some dives right along the shore which are that shallow, but most are deeper than 10 meters.

Hi Karen
There are a few shallow dive sites on San Andres Contact my friend Jogre he knows all the sites lke the back of his hand and can hook you up with a dive op. 2oceanos - Home
Ciao
Tad

Tadeo,
I'll contact your friend for sure!
Thanks for the info, it's more than helpful!
I'll post my news when I'm back in ten days!
Cheers,
Karen

Hi Tadeo,
I can`t find Jorge`s telephone, any chance you have it over there? I`d like to contact a local (they don`t seem to be very serious, so, that`s why I prefer somebody I can trust).
I`ll check this site tomorrow!
Thanks,
Karen
PS: snorkelling has been perfect so far, I`ve seen rays and nurse sharks!!!

HI Karen
I just talked to my wife, shes in SAI, she say Jorge is in Old Providence on a dive trip, not sure when he returning. I dont have his OP number. I usualy see him on messenger so I will get his OP number and get it to you somehow.
Ciao
Tad
Ps look forward to hearing about your trip

Hi Tad!
Don't worry, it's raining at this moment, so I'll enjoy the hotel chain ammenities today.
I'm leaving Jan 28th, so I still have plenty of time for some dives with the locals.
Thanks for all your help!
Cheers,
Karen

Hi Taddeo!

First of all, let me tell you that that diving in San Andres was awesome! There were many places around the island to go diving. I've seen sharks, stingrays, eagle stingrays, morays, barracudas, squids and all sorts of fish, besides different coral reefs. You cannot even imagine how nice it was! Water temperature was 28 degrees (hot), I didn't need a suit, I just wore my diving socks, a t-shirt and short cycling pants (and believe me, I'm always cold!).

Jorge emailed me back, but I was back in BA when he did so, he was in Providencia while I was in San Andres,I didn't have the chance to meet him (though he seemed very nice!). I contacted the local guys (in my case Buzos del Caribe), David is very, very nice, and the staff who actually dive are really taking care of everything.

As it was their low season, it was more windy (the wind blowed during the morning and in the evening with a three-day full moon). It was ok for me.

I enjoyed every minute there!
Cheers,
Karina

Karen, Glad to here all went well. Dave is great and has a great opperation, as I tell every, one I dont think there is a bad dive Op in San Andres. They all really take care of there fellow divers. And of coarse the diving.....I just do not understand why San Andres and Old Providence are so underrated. But maybe that is what gives them there charm.
This time of year they do have the northly winds and is can be a bit dificult to get to some of the dive site. I had the same wether in Christmas but I also went kite surfing so it was all good for me. In the 7 years I have been going to Old Providence and San Andres the water temp has never gotten below the 78 F. I love it and have been spoiled by it.
Next time you are there for the full moon you have to go to Old Providence.......its MAGICAL
Stay in touch
Ciao
Tad

I dont know why I have such a desire to make this trip but I do. I think it might even be above the trip to Cuba I so greatly wish to make. I want to dive Cuba before it begins to look and act like Cozumel. Oh, the Cozumel of 20 years ago.

Karen, glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom