Peru scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coprios

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will have the opportunity to visit Peru in 2010 and am writing to ask if anyone has any information or advice regarding the diving there. I will be in the Lake Titicaca area, but would like info on all diving opportunities. Any help would be much appreciated.

Allan

I will have the opportunity to visit Peru in 2010 and am writing to ask if anyone has any information or advice regarding the diving there. I will be in the Lake Titicaca area, but would like info on all diving opportunities. Any help would be much appreciated.

Allan

Hi, Allan, I was not a certified diver when I visited Peru and Lake Titicaca a few years ago so did not do any diving. Lake Titicaca is over !2,000 ft above sea level so definitely an altitude dive. Make sure to do your research. You will love Peru.

I'm interested in the same thing, Allan...that would be a great dive. Yes, it's at altitude, but there's got to be some operator somewhere who could get tanks and gear up there...anything I find out I'll post.

Scuba Sam, yes I hear Peru is great.

Shoredivr - Both Allan and you will NOT be disappointed by Peru. I don't know what other areas you are going to aside from Lake Titicaca but Machu Picchu and the Nazca lines are a must see.

Keep me posted as I definitely wanna hear about your trip and the diving!!

They have kelp forests along some of the coast so I'd be interested.

Hi All,

I am going to Peru this July - August. So every info about diving along the coast is appreciated.
I need some info about operators (CMAS).

Thanks
Suissuis

Scuba diving in Kelp forst and on rock walls in Pucusana near Lima, diving with sea lions, diving in Lake Titicaca and diving in teh peruvian rainforest is offered by the peruvian ecotourism operator Nature Expeditions: get infos at: natureexpeditions@gmail.com - enjoy!

Howdy,
its great your planning on doing some diving in Peru.....I've been there many times, my wife is from there....

If you can get there, Punta Sal is a great location.....it is in the northern part of the country..........Lima offers some diving south of the city along the coast. I am attaching a website for your interest...........Peru Divers: Su escuela PADI y centro integral de buceo Scuba en el Peru

Note there isn't much activity in diving YET, but what there is is outstanding........south is cold water like Calif, maybe not as clear some times but great........Punta Sal and the other beaches, it's warmer.........

Mossback

Spondylus Dive Center in Mancora PERU

log-escuela-en.png
We are the first dive school in Perú certified by PADI, the largest Recreational Dive Organization in the world. We aim to spread awareness and respect for the underwater world through SCUBA diving, and guarantee the trust and safety assured by following the PADI standards.

What Mancora offersA wonderful year-round climate, pleasantly warm seas in the summer and most of winter (annual average 20C), perfect waves and delicious cuisine come together to charm visitors to the beaches of the Piura and Tumbes region, located in the north of Peru.
On top of all this, the Peruvian sea is one of the richest in the world, boasting over 1000 marine species: our school is in the privileged position of being able to promote the value of this diversity through exploration and learning. This is particularly the case in the north, where the 2 most important marine currents converge: the meeting of the Northern Tropical and the Southern Humboldt currents generate an ecosystem rich in species which deserve to be studied and valued. View video >
Through our diving school, we offer you the opportunity to discover the underwater world around Máncora and its surrounding beaches such as Vichayito, Órganos, El Ñuro, Punta Sal, etc, which in recent years have been transformed into some of the best holiday destinations to relax with family, enjoy the nightlife (bars & restaurants), take part in watersports (diving, surfing, kitesurfing, fishing and jetski), daytrips (by boat, hoseback or 4x4), whalewatching (August to November), canopy, or simply relaxing by the sea (spas, gyms, yoga classes).

¿Where is Mancora?
Found on the Pacific coast, on the North Peruvian Panamerican Highway, Máncora is 1165km north of Lima (capital of Perú) and only 120km from the border between northern Perú and Ecuador. It is possible to arrive by land or air, and both quick and easy to travel around the surrounding beaches.

In addition, we offer comfortable accommodation in Órganos beach from which to enjoy your stay in North Perú. For more informationhttp://www.spondylusgroup.com/
mapa_playas.jpg

Back
Top Bottom