Easter Island trip report & pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
EAS_0205.JPG

Weeks in the making but hopefully worth the wait.

EASTER ISLAND TRIP REPORT: Easter Island 2001 trip report

EASTER ISLAND PICTURES: Easter Island 2011 trip photos

Enjoy!!!

- Ken

Excellent Trip report and an interesting read not sure I would travel all that way based on your accessment of the diving but no doubt its a mysterious places with a very interesting history.

thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough trip report.

Gaz Cooper

............a thoroughly enjoyable read with all the information that "matters".
Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Fabulous viz has constituted some of my most memorable dives so Easter Island sounds like a promising "off the beaten path" place to visit.

I am thinking of visiting Easter Island and am so glad I discovered your site. A thorough and thoughtful summary of your visit will give me the outline for my trip.

Thank you for taking the time to put his on Scubaboard.

Cheryl Sullivan
Vancouver, Canada

Excellent report. Just a few questions on travel details. I heard that Chile's entry visa is $140. Was that bundled into your ticket or did you pay it upon arrival? Did they take credit cards or only cash? Was there also a separate departure fee? If so, was that bundled into your ticket or did you pay it upon departure? Did they take credit cards or only cash?

@jlevine

The fee you're talking about is only for Americans and nationals of other countries that charge Chileans a visa processing fee (hence it's called a "reciprocity fee" not a visa fee) and the amount of the fee depends on how much that country charges for it's visa (for example EU nationals are free since the visas are free, aussies IIRC are $100 since that's what an aussie visa costs, etc).

It's not included in any tickets and you have to pay it after you get off the plane before going through immigration. There's a big section that says 'you Americans come here and pay before going over there like everyone else is' but in a more formal tone of course.

I'm 80% positive you can pay it on the CC. There's no departure fee. Just the reciprocity fee when entering the first time. Once you've done it it's good for the lifetime of the passport.

Yes you can pay it with credit card, I did just that in February.
The viz and diving are very spectacular and it was worth it for me to go and see Isla Pascua and dive there...

Great report, Im putting together a trip to Easter Island and this was very helpful.

great trip report! Easter Island is on my bucket list!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom