Dive Report: Pensacola, FL Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocCarl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Back in September, I went out with a group to go dive the Brass Wreck near Pensacola. We went out with the Scuba Shack (WetDream Charters), and had a great time.

This was my first time on the site, and I found it to be a very interesting dive. We found visibility to be average to better than average for this time of year (60-80'), and pleasantly warm water in the low 80s. Lots of life among the remains of the schooner, including some great nudibranchs!

Link to the longer version of the report: Diving an unidentified ship wreck near Pensacola, Florida

My favorite nudibranch shot from this dive:
Regal-Sea-Goddess-near-Pensacola-FL.jpg

Next time your in town, let's dive the O. Or even better, the Russian freighter. The freighter is the best dive in Pcola bar none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I DM brought MBT, so usually captain Doug with H2O, or captain dalton with due south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be down July 18 for a week and planning 2-3 days of diving. We're staying in gulf shores and I'm for sure going to do the O looking for a dive buddy, but I also need to book a couple dives for my buddy who's going to be freshly certified...Any recommendations? I've been looking at H2O.

Jason,

Then we may met at some point, although I don't make it out on charter boats very often. Haven't had a chance to go out with Dalton yet, but I was on Doug's boat a couple of times last year. Most recent trip was when my wife and I went back out to the Brass Wreck with Brian & Heather Armstrong.

Deer_meat01,

You'll enjoy your time on the H2O Below with Cpt. Doug: he runs a great operation.

If you're staying in Alabama, I'd recommend getting in touch with Gary Emerson a call: Gary's Gulf Diver - Home page or on FB at https://www.facebook.com/garysgulfdivers. Gary runs a great boat as well, and he's based out of Orange Beach so there will be less driving for you guys.

We've got a new OW level site in the Orange Beach area that's only about three miles from shore - perfect for a freshly certified diver to learn the ropes of diving in the Gulf. The site's called "Poseidon's Playground": Nearshore diving reef, 'Poseidon's Playground,' becomes reality off Alabama coast | AL.com. I know that Gary is running to this site as well, and that it's (thankfully!) a much cheaper trip than your normal Gulf trips in our area.

Off the top of my head, here's some other great sites for the new OW diver:

- Three mile barge (Orange Beach)
- Patti Barge (Pensacola)
- Three coal barges (Pensacola)
- The bridge rubble next to the three coal barges (not sure what it's called)

All of those are less than 60' to the sand.

Wet dream???? does that have a bbq set up on the back of the boat. If so i know the boat,,,, and the operators do take care of you well.

There are numerous great "wreck" sites in Pensacola!!! Avocett is one of my favorites but the list is long!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom