Night dive Wednesday Jan 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeckyll

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok folks who's up for a night dive on Wednesday at 6 pm.

Didn't get a chance to dive last Wednesday and would like to head out to Whitecliff, either dive the Gardens or dive Whyte Islet. We can adjust max depth to suit diver experience and comfort level. I'm thinking less than 80 feet no matter what :)

Who's interested?

Bjorn

hey man im in for sure! could i shoot you some cash for gas and hitch a ride with ya

Let me call you later tonight. Email me your # again though :)

Bjorn

Would like to, but am booked Wed night. Have fun. You missed some good diving on Sunday. Dead flat calm so an easy swim. Me with my mask completely flooded and could not figure out why. Almost had to call the dive - resolved itself at about the 5th try. Thought the skirt had ripped or something, but must have been caught in my hood.

One day would like to do the Nakya

wednesday nights are always bad for me. i have a weekly meeting. :(

never done a night dive though. twould be very fun.

anyway, have fun on wednesday!!!

Hmm I could switch it to Thursday if that would work for more folks.

Darnold: You should just wear your old mask :wink:

COW: Do you own lights? You need 2, primary & secondary and I'd suggest a night dive at a place you've been previously during the day, you'll be more comfortable :)

Bjorn

Alan and I will be heading out tomorrow night :)

FYI in case anyone would like to join us. Les, I'm assuming with you it will be work dependent as always? :wink:

Bjorn

That WAS the old mask - I think the mask deamon is out to get me.

Anyway once I got the flood under control the rest of the dive went well and no problem on the next dive??? Just one of those things. Well except for the buddy that lost his half way out to the dive. Nobody had a spare (my new backup is back in the box in my office for return) so we dove as a 3some. The mask daemon interfering againeyebrow

Only Tue and Wed do not work for me - I have another all consuming hobby that takes up those nights.

COW a light stick or two will do as a backup if you don't have one. I prefer a backup light, but a light stick will get you to the surface comfortably if you lose your primary. Did my last two night dives this way and tested the light stick to see how it worked. Lots of light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom