what shop has the most drysuit divers and..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebri

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
books the most and/or best liveaboard trips to SoCal?

Most of the drysuit divers have abandoned my LDS, apparently, and the number of liveaboard trips has been diminished.

So, anyone got a shop or a fun group that loves colder-water diving?

There are quite a few dry suit divers at Scuba Sciences and they run a live-aboard trip to California about 2x a month. I went over New Years' and I am going again this weekend. PM me if you want details on the trips.

Rob

Hi Bri,

Lots of shops in town do cold water diving. Most have a good selection of drysuits. I, personally, won't get in the lake or San Carlos in the winter without one.

Scuba Specialties is doing a wreck alley trip this month and a liveaboard (Vision out of Santa Barbara) next month. I know All Wet Scuba has a trip to Catalina coming up. Sport Chalet does monthly liveaboards (Truth Aquatics). Elmar has the Northern Channel Islands liveaboard (Truth Aqautics - Conception) later this month and is doing the Cayman Aggressor this spring. Ocean Planet has a pretty good selection of trips and is doing Catalina in Feb, March and April.

I guess what I am trying to say is there are a lot of dive shops in the valley. Check them all out and go with the one that is right for you. When you are on a liveaboard, you are stuck out there for 3 to 7 days. You want to be with a group that fits right.

As for books, check out www.bestpub.com or Amazon.com
http://www.bestpub.com/bookdetail.asp?BookID=1102&Category=
http://www.amazon.com/Suit-Diving-T..._bbs_sr_1/102-7684700-0501765?ie=UTF8&s=books

Hope this helps.

jcf

Hi Divebri!

I'm Tina with Scuba Sciences in Phoenix. We have quite a few dry suit divers in our club. I really love diving in my drysuit! It's amazing how much warmer and energetic I am!

We sponsor 2 or 3 trips per month to the Channel Islands of California (Catalina, Clemente or Santa Barbara) depending on the weather. It's been really nice in California. Our group just returned from a trip last weekend, they had a really good time!

Do you have a buddy? If not, we always have divers that need a buddy for the trips. If you would like some further information on the trips you can visit our website or send me PM for more info.

Have a great day!

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

divebri:
books the most and/or best liveaboard trips to SoCal?

Most of the drysuit divers have abandoned my LDS, apparently, and the number of liveaboard trips has been diminished.

So, anyone got a shop or a fun group that loves colder-water diving?

I don't know about so.cal diving per se. I do know that www.underwatersports.com
has a very large drysuit divers group. Divers who book on the SoCal boats etc. Also Mike Hollingshead @ www.eugeneskindivers.com books lot of cold water trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom