Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Course Director

is out diving somewhere!

Dives
    3,000 - 3,999
    Was teaching Nitrox & Rescue east of the 10 lane ramp over the weekend and found conditions to be improving greatly! Found 6 to 8 feet of visibility with 67 degrees down to 40'. Sounds like it is time to head back to the lake with the water rising, conditions should continue to improve. Hopefully the weather will not be too nasty this weekend.
    Jax likes this.
    Inland Water Divers LLC
    Goodyear, AZ
    The Only NAUI Pro Platinum Training Center in Arizona, Since 2002
    Join Inland on Facebook @ Scuba Dive-Inland Water Divers

Registered

is in the water.

Dives
    500 - 999
    Saturday, 11/5 - Lake Pleasant water levels are definitey rising. I was out by Vista Pt this morning and the water is up 6ft-8ft from where it was last weekend. The dirt road from Spring Canyon (N. Boat ramp) out to the peninsula is now partially under water. Water temp was 63 degrees which was warmer than the air temp of 50 degrees. I was very comfortable in my 7mm. Visibility was not as good due to the rain last night and winds.

Registered

doesn't need
    derogatory answers.

Dives
    50 - 99
    Thanks for the update. Waiting for the epic 60' December viz.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Has anyone been out to Lake Pleasant in the last few days. Looking for a Vista Point condition update.

Thanks.

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Was out to Vista Point on Saturday the 12th of November. Water level is on the rise surface was very calm 64* degrees a good time for the the Drysuit if you have one. I had my Bullet on with MK2 undergarments and was quite toasty. The water is cooling down, Visibility was 6-8 ft down to about 30ft and about 5ft at around 60ft. The top of the wall was right at 57ft and you still had plenty of ambient light and 62* degrees past 60ft mark consider it a night dive and the vis was a bit patchy and dark. My dive buddy and I saw another couple of small groups out enjoying the day along with a few fisherman but other then that it was reasonably quiet out at the lake.

Course Director

is out diving somewhere!

Dives
    3,000 - 3,999
    Was back up at the lake Sunday conducting some training for Open Water, Nitrox and Advance divers. Found conditions to be pretty good with surface water temp of 64 and 62 down at 95'. Unless the carp had the bottom stirred up we had a solid 15' of visibility down to 95' after that point visibility seemed to drop off dramatically. Except for the wind the diving was pretty good for this time of the year at Lake Pleasant, I have seen far worse. Hopefully conditions hold or improve since I have several more training days on the calendar before the end of the year!
    Inland Water Divers LLC
    Goodyear, AZ

Registered

is in the water.

Dives
    500 - 999
    Saturday, 12/10/11 – Vista Pt. - Awesome diving. The viz is definitely coming back. I could see my float anchor from the surface at 20 ft and the viz was easily 20+ ft at depth. Went out to the rail at a 330 heading and hit the top of the wall at 40 ft. Continued on 330 heading out to the rail and were just a few feet off from the cache box at 60ft. We followed the rail, North, back up to the boulders, saw some large fish, and then back to VP. The water temp was between 57-59 degrees and I was warm in my 7mm. It was a beautiful day. When we hit our surface interval the sun was up and kept us comfortable. On our second dive, we went back out to the boulders and then took a N. heading and found the line out to the boat wreck in Spring Canyon. We followed it out to the sunken boat, and had to repair the line in one spot and then headed back to VP – this is a long dive at an avg 50 ft depth.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Photos
    About time to break out the wetsuit again!

Jeff

Scuba Instructor

Diving, diving and more
    diving!!!

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Did a dive at Vista Point this morning to check out my new Bare SB System drysuit. Air temp was a chilly 45* and the water surface temp was 57*. Viz is really improving, I had 25-30ft through most of the dive which was down the north wall to the rail and about 100 yards or so west of the geocache box and back. Temps at 90ft were 52* and I had ambient light throughout the entire dive, never needed to turn on either of my dive lights.

Overall, a very good dive but I kept it short to 30 minutes. New Bare SB drysuit is an amazing suit stayed warm and dry throughout the entire dive. The suit has amazing flexibility for a trilam. Wil be heading back out Monday to give it another run in doubles for some longer range diving.
    It would be great if people actually validated their statements before posting, guess I'm asking too much. -Me

Course Director

is out diving somewhere!

Dives
    3,000 - 3,999
    Was up diving the Christmas Tree Reef over the last two days providing training for some divers from the Wildlife Aquarium and found conditions to be pretty darn good. Visibility was easily over 20' with the water temps a solid 54 degrees down to 40'. Helped that it was a sunny mid-70s couple of days.

If you received a scuba gift for Christmas conditions are pretty good to head up to the lake to give it a try!
    Inland Water Divers LLC
    Goodyear, AZ