Need Hydro and Vis Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ludicrous Depth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's almost time for two of my tanks to receive current hydro and vis testing. I am curious to know where in the Phoenix area all of you take your tanks and how much they charge. There seems to be a large range in what they charge and what you actually get. Some do both and others charge seperatly.

Thanks for your help

Skip the middle man and take your cylinders straight to the hydro facility. You will get charged a lot less. I don't know where the Phoenix area facilities are, but a simple look through the phone book should tell you. I used to take my cylinders to a place in Tucson and paid less than $20/cylinder. Search under fire. These places usually make most of their money doing hydro tests for fire departments.

Thunderbird is the local cylinder place.

4209 E University Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85034-7315
Phone:
(602) 437-4600

Noticed after doing some searching that El Mar has their own device and can do both Hydro and Visual for $35. Is that about the same price as Thunderbird?

Just got mine back from Thunderbird. $28, less than a week. FYI Thunderbird prefers cash. they add 4% to credit cards. But on $28 no big deal.

Last couple of tanks went thru Sport Chalet, $35 for hydo, vis and fill. 2-3 Week turn around.

Called Thunderbird today, $25 per tank with $4 one time charge for something, so total of $54 for two tanks. Much faster turn around than if I had taken to the LDS. Will let you know how it turns out when completed. Thanks for all the info and help.

El Mar Diving Center, does the hydro, visual, tank valve oring and fill. All hydros are done on Wednesday. So drop off on Tuesday, pick up Thursday.

El Mar Hydro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom