Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: New Scuba Book Out!

Registered

Diving!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499

New Scuba Book Out!

Hi All,

My scuba diving / popular science marine biology / travel humor book is out!

What is happening one hundred meters below the surface of the Pacific Ocean? Has a manta ray a bigger brain than a chimpanzee? Is the disproof of god's existence found in the butt of a sea cucumber? Are sharks merciless killers of men, or is it the other way around? Isn't diving what we as a species really always wanted to do? How did the Vietnamese capture an island held by the Filipinos with the help of pretty girls? What is the right mindset to take photographs under water?

Read all of that and more in “Sex, Drugs and Scuba Diving”, featuring tales about the ocean world by biologist Klaus M. Stiefel. Both informative and humorous, tongue-in-cheek and philosophically deep, this book talks about the marine realm of planet earth like no book before. The text is complemented by more than a hundred stunning under water photographs by the author depicting everything from the smallest gobies to the most titanic manta rays.

Amazon.com: Sex, Drugs and Scuba Diving (9781475146899): Dr. Klaus M. Stiefel: Books
    https://www.createspace.com/3843072
    http://www.facebook.com/SexDrugsAndScubaDiving
    Sex, Drugs and Scuba Diving! | Pacificklaus

Name:  Cover Sex, Drugs and Scuba Diving front.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  116.2 KB

SUDS Supporter!

Undercover DIR Agent.

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Is a kindle version in the works?
    *This space for rent*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbmata View Post
    I don't know whether to worship you, or hunt you to display you over my fireplace.

Registered

Diving!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    I am looking into creating a Kindle version, the book has 100+ color photographs, hence I first released it in print.

SUDS Supporter!

Undercover DIR Agent.

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    I understand. I prefer e-books as they are simply ore convenient for me. Keep us posted.
    *This space for rent*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbmata View Post
    I don't know whether to worship you, or hunt you to display you over my fireplace.

Registered

Diving!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Will do! Thank you for your interest!

Registered

has no class.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    I'll look forward to seeing the book, but you struck one of my pet peeves with a made up word like "disproof". Like "disrespect" and other made up words, it doesn't not belong in the mouth (or keyboard) of a man with a doctorate.
    Rhone Man
    British Virgin Islands

Sterling Divers - saluting the pioneers of modern technical diving.

British Virgin Islands diving guide on WikiTravel - written mostly by me.

[Life] ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” — Sylvester Stallone - Rocky Balboa (2006)

Registered

Diving!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhone Man View Post
    I'll look forward to seeing the book, but you struck one of my pet peeves with a made up word like "disproof". Like "disrespect" and other made up words, it doesn't not belong in the mouth (or keyboard) of a man with a doctorate.
    Interesting objection, can you elaborate? The word is in several dictionaries, I have commonly read it, native speakers understand it, why do you think it is not an English word?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

New Scuba Book Out!

Disproof certainly is in the Australian Oxford dictionary.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by gertf View Post
    Disproof certainly is in the Australian Oxford dictionary.

It is also in the Merrian Webster's Collegiate Dictionary which is one of the standard references for journalism, feature, and technical writing.

---------- Post added ----------

added to my summer reading list. looks like a good summer for reading and diving