Just Lost my Gall bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had it pulled out this week labroscopically and repaired a unbilical hernia I've lost 50lbs in last year so doing much better Doc had cleared me for dive training class last month. I've logged over 600 dives in past 12 years. About a 4 year hiatus becuase of some health issues. did 2 dives with local instructor to make sure skills are sharp and took a written test and aced it . Man my gall bladders timing sucks. Any ideas on full recovery nothing ove 5lbs for 2 weeks and taking it easy but feeling great other than that.

Thanks in advance

Don't know the answer but I am interested in the replies. Mine is coming out soon.

Assuming you have no postoperative complications, the only issue with the surgery is the wound healing, which is why you have been told to restrict lifting. As soon as the surgeon feels your abdominal wall is solid, you should be able to dive.

A very rare person ends up with some digestive issues post-cholecystectomy (eg. diarrhea) but it really is uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom