SSI AOWI Standards Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
OK, here is one for those in the know. I am working towards my AOWI. The latest standards (USA) require that the AOWI candidate have 15 specialty certifications before they can apply for AOWI level. I'm all for the tougher standards. I currently have 12 actual certifications right now with another 3 being AOW (4 full specialties & 24 logged dives) & Specialty Diver (2 full specialties & 12 logged dives). The divers decided they wanted to put the specialties on 1 card, instead of carrying individual cards. On these AOW & Specialty Diver certifications is marked the specialties the diver has- I did some of the certifications, other instructors completed the others. My question is,... does the specialties listed on the AOW & Specialty Diver that I completed count towards my AOWI requirements (these would complete the requirement, if they count) or do I have to get 3 more individual certifications?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom