Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: SSI AOWI Standards Question

Rebreather Pilot

1002 dives to date!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos

SSI AOWI Standards Question

OK, here is one for those in the know. I am working towards my AOWI. The latest standards (USA) require that the AOWI candidate have 15 specialty certifications before they can apply for AOWI level. I'm all for the tougher standards. I currently have 12 actual certifications right now with another 3 being AOW (4 full specialties & 24 logged dives) & Specialty Diver (2 full specialties & 12 logged dives). The divers decided they wanted to put the specialties on 1 card, instead of carrying individual cards. On these AOW & Specialty Diver certifications is marked the specialties the diver has- I did some of the certifications, other instructors completed the others. My question is,... does the specialties listed on the AOW & Specialty Diver that I completed count towards my AOWI requirements (these would complete the requirement, if they count) or do I have to get 3 more individual certifications?
    Last edited by tstormdiver; July 19th, 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Rebreather Pilot

1002 dives to date!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    E-mailed SSI & got my answer. The AOWD & Specialty Diver cards DO count towards my requirements. Life is good!