Getting Advanced Open Water: Course Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbarnett51

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am taking Nitrox and deep water specialty course in a few weeks. I dont really care so much about the title of AOW but I do want to learn and be a better diver. So my question is about Perfect Buoyancy. I would like to work on this aspect of diving. I dive in different situations that require constant changes in my weighting and buoyancy system. Lakes to ocean to different exposure suits etc... So my question is: would it be a waste to use this as one of my classes?

The value of a buoyancy class is directly related to a) the buoyancy skills of the instructor, and b) the degree to which he is motivated to teach.

If you have access to local diving, there are a couple of folks who have posted descriptions of "buoyancy masterclass" exercises you can work on with your buddy -- Our own DevonDiver has one on his website, and HERE's another one.

TSandM:6248986:
The value of a buoyancy class is directly related to a) the buoyancy skills of the instructor, and b) the degree to which he is motivated to teach.

If you have access to local diving, there are a couple of folks who have posted descriptions of "buoyancy masterclass" exercises you can work on with your buddy -- Our own DevonDiver has one on his website, and HERE's another one.

I'm thinking that might be better. I would like to take some more advanced courses and work on buoyancy on my own time.

Just spent some time talking to my LDS and I will be taking nitrox, deep water, search and rescue, and navigation. I cant wait to get in the water and learn some new stuff!

Post deleted by the original author.... OLD thread.

Back
Top Bottom