Finished another course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iguana751

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just finished my SSI Equipment Speciality. I like SSI courses that do not have dives because I can complete them quickly. This is the fourth SSI Speciality I have taken and the second that I have completed. I am also working on my SSI Navigation and my SSI Night courses. I did the theory and tests for both courses in October 2011 but my instructor has not had time to do the dives. I talked to him about it during my Equipment course and he said he will try to do my navigation and night dives this summer. Then I will have my SSI AOW card.

you did your classes in oct 2011 ??and he has not had time in the last year and a half to do your dives ?? = not cool

SSi should be proud.

Completing courses quickly is not always a good thing. And why courses with no dives should count towards an AOW card is something I cannot fathom. It should be about diving. Knowledge is good but skills are also the mark of an advanced level diver. And I would question if the stuff done two years ago now would even count.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Just a thought, but might be time to find an instructor who actually can go diving with students...

I took the equipment course because it was included when I brought my equipment from the instructor/dive shop two years ago.

I have been doing all my courses lately with a PADI RecTec instructor. He does the dives a day or two after the theory which is the way I like it. I am finding PADI a LOT more through than SSI.

This isnt a PADI or SSI issue. Its a instructor issue.

In my part of the world ALL the SSI shops/instructors do classes the same way. That is why I switched to PADI. They are a lot more on the ball than SSI.

I only reason I am after the SSI instructor to do my dives is because I paid for the courses and I want to finish.

Back
Top Bottom