Altitude Diving Cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I shall never understand the compulsion to accumulate (collect) certifications. Does it have something to do with having too much disposable income?

Personally I wouldn't spend a dime on this cert. Go to 8th Element Diving - Scuba Math - Altitude Diving: Understanding the Tables read the text and get the table. It's similar to using the Nitrox table. IMO unless you can get the class for about $20 you are getting ripped.

I shall never understand the compulsion to accumulate (collect) certifications. Does it have something to do with having too much disposable income?

Wow, presumptive and patronizing. For some people – myself included – it's not about accumulating cards, but rather about accumulating knowledge.

I appreciate your point, though, that the class may not be worth it. I already understand the math behind recalculating ATAs, and can actually make my own tables based on that. I just didn't know if there are other things to take into account, things that I might learn from a class.

Last edited:
Instead of altitude diving, why not look for an advanced decompression theory course ? It should include some diving at altitude information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom