Time to get Replacement Card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichelleG

Registered
Reaction score
I have looked everywhere for this info and can not seem to find it.

Does anyone know how long it takes (roughly) to get replacement cards from SSI?

Our cards were issued in 2007 and they are not found in the online search. I am not sure if that slows things down but I did have the exact date, facility, and instructor info for them.

Thanks!

This may be stating the obvious, but have you contacted the shop you did your course with? I also know that SSI usually posts the info to their site so you can log in and get the info for potential dive ops if you don't have your card when asked for it.

Depends how much you want to pay for shipping - one assumes paying for overnight means they ship it the same day they receive your request:

Shipping: □ Standard Mail — Free (default method) □ 2nd Day by 3PM — $18.50 □ 3 Day by 5PM — $13.50
□ Overnight by noon — $29.00 OR □ Overnight by 5pm — $24.00; available in Continental U.S. only

It's on the form here: http://www.divessi.com/replacementcard

In 2007 SSI changed their website database. Certifications issued prior to that change did not import into the new system. That's probably the reason you don't show up on the verification. If you have ordered replacement cards they are generally pretty quick in getting them out, as stated above you can always pay more to expedite the shipping. Once they issue you a replacement card you will show up in the online verification.

not sure where you are located, but up here we have one guy who has been waiting for months. getting anything from ssi has been a slow go lately. but i am sure they will sort you out eventually

Now that I'm retired from instructing, I can't say what current turn-around is. But, SSI always got our cards out in less than 10 days. Usually, much less. It's been my experience that cards that take a long time are because the instructor hasn't put them in, yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom