SSI certified but took PADI courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This may have been asked before but I couldn't find it. I've received my OW cert from SSI and just recently received my AOW thru PADI. While doing my dives in the PADI AOW cert I of course logged my dives in my SSI log book. I ran out of log pages (filling up all of level 2 pages) and because of the resort I was staying at only offered PADI logbooks, I purchased a PADI log book to at least log my dives. I logged four more dives after buying the PADI logbook.

My question is: when I obtain two SSI specialty courses and (officially) start diving as a Level 3 diver, will the four extra dives I logged in my PADI logbook count towards my level 3 dives? I know it might be a petty question but my newfound hobby has me wanting to complete both the PADI and SSI dive programs. I just see it as a challenge :).

Thanks for any and all help!

Yes, any dive you do will count toward your certifications. No matter where you logged it

My best,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Bly...very helpful.....

UWLD...ALL dives...logged..weather recreational or for specialty training...in PADI....cross over to SSI....for simplicitys sake..I may suggest...buying a refill set of SSI logbook pages...and pencil whip the PADI logged dives into your SSI logbook. Will be less confusing down the road.
Refills are less than 10 bucks...Contact your local SSI shop or call SSI.

Bubs

Dives are dives. I started with PADI, am qualified for Master Scuba Diver (just haven't done the paperwork). I'm also working on SSI Master Scuba Diver, but have a few classes (have done the Stress & Rescue). Looking at becoming an SSI divemaster, and I'll probably always use the PADI log books. It really doesn't matter though. Any shop that tells you otherwise you wouldn't want to give them your business. All shops I've dealt with in the Seattle area only care that the dives are logged.

You can log them on napkins if you feel so inclined.
You're good to go.

I have logged dives in a wide variety of ways. I have a couple of 3-ring loose leaf books with a variety of inserts purchased over the years. Recently I had no inserts, so I folded some sheets of plain paper in half, cut them on the fold, and punched some holes. Best log book pages I have ever used.

Dont worry,anybody who frowns at mixing and matching courses or log pages can go fly. Me and the missus actually stopped bothering with log books entirely. Dive computer and my videos have all the memorable details :wink:

Back
Top Bottom