what do you think of the new SSI logo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
SSI_DEMA.jpg

It is much better than the old one: the SSI letters are aligned better and also the new font is distinctive.
The new training materials will have the new corporate identity and will be introduced in January. It's a matter of personal taste but I like the new style, no more flashing colours that hurt your eyes :wink:, new up to date videos and pictures.

I will be interested in the new materials,... but am taking a "wait & see" approach. So far I haven't been too impressed with what has been coming down, but then it has not been very long either. The only thing I can say for sure, is the customer service end is suffering massively.

was told they wanted a new logo to be closer in style to the mares one for obvious reasons. the old colour scheme was apparently quite tough to work with

I will be interested in the new materials,... but am taking a "wait & see" approach. So far I haven't been too impressed with what has been coming down, but then it has not been very long either. The only thing I can say for sure, is the customer service end is suffering massively.

In what ways has the customer service been suffering? I'm a DiveCon in Canada and haven't heard of any issues here.

I did my OW with SSI and am doing my AOW with NAUI. If you want to talk needed updates in course materials take a look at my NAUI books and video. Talk about a need for an update. 1970 era videos/books as well as pastel pink, yellow and blue wetsuits...yuck! I really preferred the SSI approach to learning but the shop I moved to was not an SSI shop at the time. Now they are, so my future training will be SSI again...WooHoo!!!

As for the logo...they should have done it in blue...LOL!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom