Instructors please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

josephglenn61

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,

I'm looking to get any information on crossing over. I have been and instructor with SSI since 2010 but I have moved to a new location and there are not any SSI dive shops anywhere close. I would love to stay with SSI just because of the years in but its not looking good. Any suggestions on how to swap over to Naui or Padi or any other agency I can get with. I have a ton of people looking to get certified in my new area.

Thank you!

you have to get with a course director for either of the agencies and request a crossover, it's not something SSI will have any official statement on, it is up to the new agency to determine the crossover requirements.

Do you intend to be an independent instructor or with a shop?

If with a shop, figure out which one first. That will obviously dictate which agency.

If independent, recognize that some agencies are more supportive of "retailers and resorts" than they are of instructors specifically... much less independent instructors.

Hello all,

I'm looking to get any information on crossing over. I have been and instructor with SSI since 2010 but I have moved to a new location and there are not any SSI dive shops anywhere close. I would love to stay with SSI just because of the years in but its not looking good. Any suggestions on how to swap over to Naui or Padi or any other agency I can get with. I have a ton of people looking to get certified in my new area.

Thank you!

To cross over to NAUI you just need to contact a NAUI Instructor Trainer or a NAUI Course Director and they would be able to assist you. NAUI has a Locator button on its web site at www.naui.org where you can locate one near you.

I am a NAUI Course Director and only a couple hours away. If you would like to cross over to NAUI..I can help. Just pm me and we'll talk.

I am a NAUI Course Director and only a couple hours away. If you would like to cross over to NAUI..I can help. Just pm me and we'll talk.

Hello all,

Thank you!

Chris is a little more than a NAUI Course Director... contact him, go do your Xover with him.

Can be independent with NAUI or PADI..best chance to get a job at a lds would be with PADI as you may already know because of market saturation...I started out with NASDS then SSI now PADI because of PADI market share.

If I an mistaken, PADI instructors must be affiliated with a PADI dive center. On the other hand, NAUI instructors are free to teach as an independent NAUI instuctor, or with NAUI dive center. In my case I do both which gives me the best of both worlds. NAUI HQ provides support to both independent instructors and NAUI dive centers. One last thought, NAUI is a member run organization. We elect our own board of directors who are all NAUI instructed or CDs. So if you have an issue or problem , you will always be dealing with a fellow instructor or a member of a professional staff supervised by fellow members.

If I an mistaken, PADI instructors must be affiliated with a PADI dive center. On the other hand, NAUI instructors are free to teach as an independent NAUI instuctor, or with NAUI dive center. In my case I do both which gives me the best of both worlds. NAUI HQ provides support to both independent instructors and NAUI dive centers. One last thought, NAUI is a member run organization. We elect our own board of directors who are all NAUI instructed or CDs. So if you have an issue or problem , you will always be dealing with a fellow instructor or a member of a professional staff supervised by fellow members.

There's no requirement for a PADI instructor to associate with a PADI Dive Center. One can instruct independently or with a Dive Center / Resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom