S2000 or use old strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoobs

Registered
Reaction score
I have the Canon S90 and am looking into purchasing a case and perhaps new strobe for snorkeling. I already have the Olympus UFL-1 (similar to YS-17 with guide number 14). My considerations are to purchase the Canon underwater housing and S2000 strobe or to top mount the UFL-1 on a FIX underwater housing for a compact system. I don't want something too bulky. The cost of the 2 systems would be roughly the same. Based on recommendations from these boards, I would buy a fiber optic cable. Would my current flash be too weak? Is the top mount a significant disadvantage? Any other recommendations? Thank you.

I would recommend going for the canon housing and use the money you save to get an Inon S2000 strobe.

I also recommend getting a loc-line arm for the strobe. It's compact and easy to manipulate (which I guess is important while you're holding your breath!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom