Inon S2000 vs SS YS-01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

popsiclediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying to put together a new set-up and need some 'devils advocate' help between the InonS2000 and the new Sea & Sea YS-01.

This set up will need to be idiot-proof, as I wont be the only one using it, and it most likely not be moving to a new DSLR system in the near future. Maybe one day.

Tray and arm options are also under consideration...

It will be going on a Canon SX200/Ikelite housing.

On my old Canon/Ike set-up I had the Ultramax, which was OK for what I used it for, the fibre-optic cable was a little unreliable, but I loved the sealed battery compartment on it.

I'm looking for reliability, function and size, as we travel a lot, in country and overseas. Price is not the primary issue...

Thankyou!

We JUST received our first shipment of YS01 strobes in today. They are awesome looking strobes. I will say, they are small...but still not as small as the S2000 strobes. I like that they have a modeling light on them, and Ive always been a huge fan of S&S strobes. I hope to get them in the water and shoot some macro Saturday hooking them up with the Nauticam 7D set up, and possibly an S90 with Ikelite housing.

At this very second, its hard to compare the two strobes performance wise, but according to specs I think they are going to go head to head. You cannot go wrong with either to be honest...but I think the new 01 is a good way to go.

Any updates on comparison between these 2 strobes?
Am very interested in the YS-01 and I would like to know how does it compare to the S2000.
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom