Does the Ikelite fiber optic adapter is compatable with the old Substrobe M?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazedAndConfuzed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have an old Ikelite Substrobe M that I thought maybe I could bring back into service for my digital point & shoot camera (olympus C5050). Does anyone know if I get the Ikelite fiber optic adapter, will it work? Who controls the pre-flash cancellation? the strobe or the adapter? I think I have some slave strobe modes, so hopefully the pre-flash mode is not required.

Fiber Optic Adapter for DS Substrobes

Fiber adapter will not work with older Ikelite strobes. The strobe needs to be a digital strobe. (DS-50, DS-51, DS-125, DS-160, DS-161, DS-200)
Karl
Ikelite Repair

Thanks. I thought all that fiber adapter do is close the 2 contacts, which fires off the strobe.

So what gizmo ikelite setup can I use to fire off the substrobe M as a slave? Is it even worth it? I see slaves costing less than $100 new, that fiber adapter plus a fiber optic cable would be more than that.

Back
Top Bottom