I-Torch VDO (focus/video light) questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-junky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have any experience with this light?

Is it difficult to operate?

How about with gloves on?

How do you change the power settings? Do you have to scroll through the strobe/sos/on/off before you get to the setting you want?

Depending on the responses, I'm considering getting 2 of them for video work. Comments?

The light is hard to find and costs around $295. Is there a better light out there for the money?

Norm

Does anyone have any experience with this light?

Is it difficult to operate?

How about with gloves on?

How do you change the power settings? Do you have to scroll through the strobe/sos/on/off before you get to the setting you want?

Depending on the responses, I'm considering getting 2 of them for video work. Comments?

The light is hard to find and costs around $295. Is there a better light out there for the money?

Norm
I have one and it is quite nice. Easy to use with gloves/drygloves on. The first button push takes you to full power, second push to about half power, third push to about 1/3 power (I haven't measured them). Next push is for flashing light, next push is sos. Hold the button down to turn it off (it will quickly scroll through all modes then off). Not the simplest approach but the light appears to be bullet proof. I also have the 500 lumen FIX LED light that has a knob to adjust power. More tricky to operate with gloves and lots heavier (8 aa vs. 4 for the IVDO). Good light output, not sure for video though it isn't nearly as bright as my HID lights (Niterider) that I use for video. Overall it is well designed and so far (more than 100 dives) it is great.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom