My DIY Snoot for INON Z-240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OcciferNick

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is a work in progress but I think it's looking good so far.
Obviously I will be blackening the base plate to stop the light from the strobe and having it just coming through the fibre optic arms.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Will update with the progress.
Regards,

Hello everyone,

This is a work in progress but I think it's looking good so far.
Obviously I will be blackening the base plate to stop the light from the strobe and having it just coming through the fibre optic arms.

View attachment 182135

View attachment 182136

Will update with the progress.
Regards,
Here are some snoot project links I have found in other boards on-line from other people who have built their own fiber optic snoots and ring flashes.

Photo Essay: Building a Fiber Optic Snoot

Fiber snoot for underwater photography

Photo Essay: Building the Super Soaker. Fiber Optic Snoot Part 3

DIY fiber optics ringflash and CFWA adapters - Unrequited Gear Lust and DIY Projects - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

I have the materials and am building my own double snoot but with 10mm single fiber optic cord. I have not found a good cover fit for my z240 strobe yet. I also want to build a so called "super soaker" just as the link describes to illuminate GPO deep down inside their dens or holes. It would be nice to do a micro snoot for critters hiding in beer bottles if that is possible as well.

Last edited:
Nick or JBB - How did your snoot projects turn out?

I'm getting ready to try a DIY myself...

Back
Top Bottom