Lighting Set Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maat1976

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to buy a S&S YS-02 for my RX100/Nauticam camera and housing. I can't figure out which optical cable I should be getting for the YS-02. Anyone have an idea?

Also, the likely tray will also be Nauticam with maybe a StiX arm. Anyone have any suggestions for a similar or slightly less expensive option?

Thanks.

maat1976

---------- Post added April 18th, 2014 at 01:39 PM ----------

Just to add to this, I think it's an "L" type, but does that mean any L type fibre optic cable or is that brand specific?

The Sony RX100 has TTL flash in all modes. It makes sense to buy a TTL strobe so you should look at least to the YS-01, if you don't have enough money I recommend you save.
Without a TTL strobe the internal flash of the camera will still do TTL and blast a lot of full power shots which will make it recycle slow and use more battery.
Ideally you need a sea and sea L type cable but is quite expensive
Ultralight trays work out cheaper than Nauticam for your set up you want at least a 5" segment and two clamps alternatively you can get a locline 3/4 you will learn soon that it is not ideal but could go for a year or so before you change it

Back
Top Bottom