IN GENERAL--& I realize that's a big ole broad statement--what position for WA photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
do you 'carry---& shoot' your stobes in-------10/2...3/9...8/4.???......OR----any other position(s)????.........Reason I ask, I've recently added a 2nd 110a strobe(for a S95 in a FIX housing ---using the UWL-04 lens for WA) & heading on a Brac trip in a couple weeks---& want to(lol) 'be prepared'..............I made a short trip to the Flower Gardens a few weeks back(using the twin strobes) & 'caught myself' staying with the 10/2 positioning most of the time, wondering if other positions would be (in general---there's that term again) more 'useful'...........ie--what's your #1 'go to' position.....tia.......

EDIT: used a single 110a for almost 4 years with this same camera rig.....again, tia

Last edited:
Probably in between 10/2 and 9/3. Although I noticed in my last dive trip, someone and the DM were diving with their strobes fully extended with what looks like 2ft worth of arms on each side...at 45 deg to each side. Not sure if that is the new thing.

I use 3-clock/9-o-clock, 12-oclock/9-oclock, or 11:30/12:30 depending on the shot. Play around with different strobe positions, and notice where the light is falling. Good luck!

Scott Gietler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom