Please help! Ikelite ds160 and Nauticam NA7D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jemery

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys, first post here..
So here is the deal I have a Nauticam NA7D and Ikelite DS160 but very confused on how to connect it for ttl?
I have a
Ikelite Digital TTL Dual Sync Cord but not sure how this would connect to the nauitcam housing.
what am I missing please help

You will need a fitting that that screws into the housing that allows you to connect the synch cord. On the inside of the housing, you will have an cord that will connect to the hot shoe of your camera. I forget the term they use for the connection though. A Nauticam dealer can fit you up.

Jemery - you need the Ikelite sync cord for Ikelite strobes / nikonos connection on the housing. Any good underwater photo dealer will sell you the right part :) This is assuming your housing has a bulkhead. If it does not, you'll need the Ikelite fiber optic adapter + fiber optic cable.

Good luck! Let us know if you need us to ship you anything.

Scott Gietler

You have a Nikonos bulkhead on the housing. You'd need a non-ttl Ike cord Nik - Ike. You will not have TTL.
The only other option is to use the new Nauticam Sony fiber optic strobe trigger with a fiber optic cord and an Ike strobe optical adapter, as your A7 doesn't have a built-in flash. Still no TTL. That would be more expensive, but you wouldn't have any electrical cords to flood.

Back
Top Bottom