Video light up to 300$US ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duarte

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone,

I'm starting to build my UW kit which will be mainly for video and to use in the Caribbean Sea. I'll be using a Canon 6D + Tokina 11-16mm + Canon 50mm with an Ikelite Housing.

Can you recommend me some good video lights? Maybe I'll use just one to start.

My budget is up to 300$US

Hope someone can help! Thanks! :D

$300 is not very much, for WA stuff two lights might be best. I like the Itorch a lot, I have several.
Bill

Thanks everyone!

So do you think it's better to have one strong light (2400 lumens) or 2 less-strong lights (800 lumens each) ?

Thank you!

Depends on what you want to shoot. Look at some of the videos on our site, particularly the Alaska one and you will see that most of this was shot with 2 x 1200 lumen lights but mostly in half power mode. If money is really tight you might think about getting one good light (L&M. FIX, Itorch etc and a cheaper ebay version that you can use for fill in.
Bill

I will be shooting mostly in the Caribbean Sea so I don't think Alaska would be a good comparison for lights.

So can I use one light thats, lets say 1200 lumens and other which is only 800 lumens? would that be noticed on the video?

I've been reading a lot about lights but there's some questions that I still can't find the answer.

You'll get two Archon d32vr for around 300 bucks.. i will definitely recommend them :)
(Mine has been fault free for well over 100 dives now. Stil going strong!

---------- Post added October 30th, 2014 at 01:39 AM ----------

Good for macro and close focus wide angle.. other than that you would need waaaay more lumens... $$$$

Hmm that sounds good! I'll be using mostly with a Wide Angle lens.

Looks like two of those would be enough right? Which arms would you recommend for the Canon 6D Ikelite housing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom