U/W Pumpkin Carving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDNScubaMoose

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone,

I hope that Sarnia folks don't mind me posting this event in their section. If there is an issue then I'm sure one of the mod's would be willing to move it.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Red Devil Scuba is hosting its 4th annual u/w pumpkin carving contest on Oct. 25th at the government docks - planned starting time is 1 pm. All are welcome to attend and for those of you without a buddy - don't worry there will be lots of people to buddy up with. Non-divers are welcome to attend the fun as well and will likely get recruited to be judges.

The rules:

1) Bring your own pumpkin
2) All cutting, stabbing and other forms of mutiliation to your pumpkin must be done underwater. This includes drawing on it ahead of time.
3) Prizes for "Best in Show" and "What did you do to that poor pumpkin"
4) No interferring with other teams u/w or on the surface - accidental contact is understandable based on the kind of vis we've had the last 3 years but lets keep things safe.
5) Trash talking as always is encouraged - it just adds to the fun. BTW - we do have a tread started for the trash talking on Red Devil Divers Forum.

If you have any questions or need clarification on the rules - feel free to ask or PM me. Likewise if you need directions - then ask.

Hi Aaron : By all means we were actually talking about this on Friday night, I know I put your pumkin carving in our Dive Event at the start of the year but its always a good thing to remind everyone. Rod & I are going to be there maybe to take the " What did you do to that poor Pumkin " That's just because we are always laughing too hard to actually carve. Have you decided this year on any Video nights at the store ? if so let us know in order we make it down.

Ray - you might stand a chance to win this year ... the trash talking is getting pretty thick so its highly unlikely that Dean (or anyone else for that matter) is going to make the same mistake by giving out the sympathy votes.

No plans on video nights yet. We won't likely start those until late November and if I ever get around to the newsletter we will be putting info about it in there. I'm hoping that we can do a couple sessions on cave diving as well - more of a general interest since its something very few of us will likely take up any time soon. We are also working on a couple other trips this year to other areas so we might have some promo video's for those areas as well.

Hey Aaron I am going to post this to SWODAS list as well since I have been hyping them all year of the great time :D we had last year. I will be in Gilboa but am hoping a pile of others show up for the fun.
Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom