Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SUDS / OBT needs your help - Dive with Wounded Warriors

SUDS

Has not set a "status"

Photos

SUDS / OBT needs your help - Dive with Wounded Warriors

We are bringing 8 wounded warriors from Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC down to Key Largo from 17-24 May. This is an open charter & we need to fill the boats. If you would like to support our injured veterans you can do so by joining us for this event. More info is on our website: SUDS Diving > Welcome to SUDS
    Best,
    John

Tech Instructor

Home for a bit.

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos
    John -

Thanks for sharing this info with ScubaBoard. I know that Michelle and I are planning on attending OBT week in Key Largo, and I hope that other ScubaBoarders can make the trip down to support this very worthy cause.
    -- Howard --

Technical Dive Training in Pompano Beach and South Florida. PM me for details.

Duck Diver, LLC - Marketing Services for the Scuba Industry and more - Websites, SEO, Web Hosting, Social Media, Ad Management

Chairman of the Board

is dreamin about diving.

Photos
    I am hoping to be there as well if I can adjust my schedule. This is just so IMPORTANT for us to do. These Vets went to war FOR US. It's the least we can do to enable them to dive!
    Solo otro día en el paraíso!

NetDoc's Safety Kit by DRIS
    NetDoc's Snobbish Amounts of Trim Class
    Pete "NetDoc " Murray

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    100 - 199
    I am in the process of organizing a group of us from Atlanta to come down for this fantastic event. I should have more details shortly and will post them in the geographically correct forum at that time. In the meantime, if anyone from Atlanta or surrounding areas is reading this and wants to join us, feel free to PM me and I'll fill you in. This is gonna be great!

Dive Industry Professional

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    All,

John Thompson is married to a beautiful Army Officer who happens to be stationed at Walter Reed Army Hospital. He is smart, soft spoken, and honest. As a dive professional and a veteran himself, he looked around the hospital and felt that there was something positive he could do to help some of the seriously wounded vets. By himself, he started to get these recovering soldiers into the water. He had no money, no equipment, no organization, and no name for what he was doing. He simply felt an obligation to help these men and women adjust to their new lives. Since then, he has gone from grass roots to SUDS, Soldiers Undergoing Disability Scuba. They are now working on Operation Bottom Time, to get these guys certified and to generate the money necessary to train more veterans.

The veterans who are in the SUDS program have been seriously wounded. They probably don't need to learn to scuba dive? But they do need to know that Americans care about them and that we appreciate their sacrifice and their struggle to recover. Their rehabilitation is more about support and less about training. If the dive community can support these determined divers, we will probably get more out of this than the veterans will?

In my humble opinion, the dive shops, the dive clubs, and the dive industry needs to get behind our veterans, and SUDS, and OBT. John Thompson is a great guy who is trying to do the right thing, and I want to support him and our veterans in every way I can.

I hope to see you at OTB in Key Largo.

Cheers

JC

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    100 - 199
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatterton View Post
    I hope to see you at OTB in Key Largo.

Cheers

JC
    And you will, hopefully many of us.

Dive Shop

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Photos
    The dives and lodging links are now up on SB's Reservation System. Look for OBT or Operation Bottom Time.

Let's get behind this project. It's for a very worth cause and the soldiers would love have you come down to support them. Please go there to book your dives and lodging.

Good Diving/Hunting,
    Capt Gary / Conch Republic Divers
    "The Friendliest Dive Shop in the Keys"
    (305)852-1655 Located in Tavernier/Islamorada (8 Miles South of Key Largo)
    Dive Reservations / Conditions
    Today's Dives at Conch Republic Divers

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not."

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24
    I wish I could make. I am in the military also and it's great that you guys are helping out my fellow soilders and sailors. You guys are doing a great thing. I wish you all the best and have lots of fun.

Dive Industry Professional

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Gary View Post
    The dives and lodging links are now up on SB's Reservation System. Look for OBT or Operation Bottom Time.

Let's get behind this project. It's for a very worth cause and the soldiers would love have you come down to support them. Please go there to book your dives and lodging.

Good Diving/Hunting,

Gary,

I heard that if everyone comes out to support our veterans, you are going in for a buzz cut. Is this true??

JC

Tech Instructor

Home for a bit.

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos
    I'd pay $50 to see that!
    -- Howard --

Technical Dive Training in Pompano Beach and South Florida. PM me for details.

Duck Diver, LLC - Marketing Services for the Scuba Industry and more - Websites, SEO, Web Hosting, Social Media, Ad Management

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast