http://www.diveheart.org/

Puerto Rico Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ualfadawn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
An update on the Puerto Rico trip from John Thompson..."The trip was from 12-18 May and we had 8 injured veterans, plus Danny & I as staff. We landed in Aguadilla, PR where the USCG met us & we had lunch with them. They gave the guys USCG hats and USCG Unit coins as well as providing us with a 15 passenger van for transportation for the entire time we were in Rincon. (I used to live and work in Rincon so the locals hooked us up!) We had a total of 4 days of diving. The first 3 days, we had to dive the local reefs because it was too rough to get out to Desecheo Island. On the last day, we made it out to Desecheo. This island is about 13 nautical miles off the West coast of PR and on an average day, the viz is 100 ft plus. The day we dove Desecheo, it was 150 ft plus viz. We saw stingrays, turtles, a nurse shark, moray eels & all the typical caribbean reef fish. The Shipwreck Restaurant comped our dinner one evening, and another night we went on a sunset cruise. Also, we met a WWII veteran who invited us over for a steak dinner & BBQ. In addition to diving, we rented a couple of waverunners and some of the guys took them out for a spin. Our last night there the Shipwreck did a pig roast for us. We dived with the shop I used to work for (Taino Divers) and Captain Greg Carson took us out everyday. We stayed at my friend Billy's place called Casa Verde. Nick & Leanne Arcuri fixed sandwiches for us everday to take on the boat." Thanks to everyone who made this trip such a great one, and don't forget to check out our webpage to find out how to continue helping us take our soldiers to these great trips in the future!

Back
Top Bottom