Suunto DM4??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airizzy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just downloaded Suunto DM4 and uploaded a few dives. Is there anywhere I can edit or add info about the dive? Dive sight info, buddy, weather, gear used, are nowhere to be found. Nor do I see any place to find help or instruction. At this point I feel like I just downloaded a goofy Japanese cartoon. The goofy icons are meaningless and I can't even find a way to delete the dives I uploaded. I sure hope Suunto can do better than this. I will be sticking with Dive Manager 3.1, unfortunately I see Suunto has pulled support for DM3.1 from the web site. I know Aqualung isn't Suunto, but I would hope you could use your clout to do something about this mistake called DM4.

It appears that in order to put all that info in, you have to register on movescount.com with them, and do all the input online. I've already left them a note with customer service letting them know how much I appreciate their 'improvements'

OMG.
That must ne the biggest piece of c*** software I have seen in a long time...
If there is no version of the software, that can store all data without using some cloud bulls***, then I will switch to another manufaturer for my next computer. And that's a promise.

Great Job Suunto, did anyone actually use the thing before launching it? What a step back compared to the (not much better) version 3... :mooner:

I actually posted to their facebook page and to their customer support with a complaint, and basically got told if you don't like it, you're free to use the DM3 stuff we're not supporting anymore, don't look for the ability to do stuff locally. Thanks a lot, Suunto for listening to your customers.

All,
Thank you for comments and suggestions. I have forwarded to Suunto for comment. Please realize that it is night time in Finland so I would not expect a response until tomorrow. We'll keep you informed to the best of our ability.

Tom Phillipp
Product Manager
Aqua Lung - Suunto Distributor in the U.S.A.

Thanks Tom. Really, no ability at all to keep the data local and forcing the user to go Cloud is ridiculous. Offer it as an option, if you like. I like the DM software a lot, but I won't be going to DM4 until this is changed.

Just downloaded DM4 as well. I was loading it on a new laptop and was going to transfer my log over to it. I hate the DM4 software. What a step backwards for Suunto users! I need to get a copy of DM3. Since Suunto isn't supporting it, anyone know where I can download it?

Well, for anyone that is interested... It looks like this site is still hosting the older (and much better) dive manager programs.

TimeOnYou - SUUNTO USB DIVE MANAGER D4/D6/D9 SCNG56 (

Man, I was thinking about a Helo2, but with this set backwards in the software, I am re-evaluating that idea! The DM4 software looks, feels, and acts like child's software. Their computers seemed like they were trying to become leading edge in terms of technology and looked like they were making a run for a computer that could compete in the technical diving world. What a complete 180 with this new software!!!

Online storage is not a well thought out feature. Like people are going to have (or want to pay large amounts for) online access most remote warm water locations where they're doing a lot of diving and most want to download and annotate dives. It's a very good way to encourage people to buy computers from other manufacturers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom