Suunto Cobra Quick Release question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lakotah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has anybody ever removed a quick release and added it to a miflex hose from a Gives 3?
I was able to do it to my wife's who has a Cobra but apparently there was a design change and the small reducer with the rubber o ring which was on the quick release side on hers is different on mine. The reducer and o ring is on the hose side not the quick release side.
Has anybody run into this problem or know of the proper hose? Thanks in advance.

---------- Post Merged on October 15th, 2012 at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was on October 14th, 2012 at 07:23 PM ----------

Ok, I figured out I have to remove the stem. Does anybody know how to remove the stem (K5090)? I don't have another stem so I do not want to damage this one. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance
http://www.aqualung.com/technical_li...e_ug_2e27d.pdf

Lakotah,

The HP spool (K5090) should pull out with ease unless corrosion is present. You can use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the spool, but do not damage the o-ring (K5096) or the spool will not perform correctly.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Thanks for the reply Chris, It is a brand new hose, I will give it a shot tonight after work. I tried with my fingers yesterday but wasn't budging. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom