Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Suunto Cobra Quick Release question

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499

Suunto Cobra Quick Release question

Has anybody ever removed a quick release and added it to a miflex hose from a Gives 3?
    I was able to do it to my wife's who has a Cobra but apparently there was a design change and the small reducer with the rubber o ring which was on the quick release side on hers is different on mine. The reducer and o ring is on the hose side not the quick release side.
    Has anybody run into this problem or know of the proper hose? Thanks in advance.

---------- Post Merged on October 15th, 2012 at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was on October 14th, 2012 at 07:23 PM ----------

Ok, I figured out I have to remove the stem. Does anybody know how to remove the stem (K5090)? I don't have another stem so I do not want to damage this one. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance
    http://www.aqualung.com/technical_li...e_ug_2e27d.pdf

Equipment Manufacturer

Has not set a "status"

Lakotah,

The HP spool (K5090) should pull out with ease unless corrosion is present. You can use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the spool, but do not damage the o-ring (K5096) or the spool will not perform correctly.

Best Regards,
    Chris from Suunto

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Thanks for the reply Chris, It is a brand new hose, I will give it a shot tonight after work. I tried with my fingers yesterday but wasn't budging. Thanks again.