Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hendrik@Suunto

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I know you're having issues with DM5 and many of you may be pretty fed up. However, we've sorted out many problems already and will keep on doing so. I'd therefore appreciate you guys posting problems you're still having with as many information as possible.
Especially for connection issues we'd need to know which OS, DM5 version and device is used. Tomorrow I will post instructions on how to update the USB driver as that's the root cause for most of the problems which is basically fixed but remains a problem when DM5 was already installed once.

For other problems and/or enhancements it would be great if you could add screenshots (if reasonable/possible) so that we can understand and process it easier. I will keep you posted on upcoming releases...

Many thanks in advance... br Hendrik

Fresh clean install of win 8.1, Zoop, newest DM5(few days ago) , and no way to get connected..
Nope, sticking to Subsurface, never connection problems! (Oh well that's if DM wasn't installed first)...
Users really shouldn't have to manually update drivers...
Back to the workbench Suunto!

"Tomorrow I will post instructions on how to update the USB driver as that's the root cause for most of the problems which is basically fixed but remains a problem when DM5 was already installed once."

When does tomorrow come? I had a BSOD with the last driver.

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm sorry for not posting as soon as announced. Below general instructions for Win OS:

1. plug in the cable
2. open device manager (e.g. by using windows search)
3. Expand "Ports (COM & LPT)" -> right-click "Suunto USB serial Port" and select "uninstall"
4. Tick the box "delete the driver..." and press ok (this might need to be confirmed for some systems) -> DECLINE rebooting
5. In device manager: expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" -> right-click "Suunto Sports Instruments" and select "uninstall"
6. Tick the box "delete the driver..." and press ok (this might need to be confirmed for some systems) -> UNPLUG cable & reboot
7. Install: https://movescount-dm4.s3.amazonaws.com/suuntousbftdi212_20140929.exe

After that it should work. Some OS may ask for the driver when plugging in the cable then. In this case don’t search for Win drivers but state the following location instead: C:\Program Files\SuuntoUSBDrivers
Pls let me know if this should not work.

br, Hendrik

Hi Hendrik, what about for Mac users?

DM5 is not showing SAC rates. What's strange is downloaded dives prior to DM5 shows sac rates on DM5. But dives after installing DM5 is missing sac rates. It's quite frustrating. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi.
pls tell me which MAC version you are using and which device won't connect. As for the SAC rate: Would be possible to send me the respective log exports (SML for DX & EON / SDE for any other device)?

br, Hendrik

Hi,
could you elaborate on this? So after connecting the transfer wouldn't start or it starts but gets stuck or did it finish the transfer but nothing shows up? The transfer status is shown on the device and under "devices" in DM5.
Stuck transfers are oftentimes due to the battery condition. It may be ok for diving but might cause problems when uploading the logs. This is a known issue that is under investigation...

br Hendrik

Hendrik
Curious about where cylinder data is now stored in DM5?
It doesn't seem to be stored anywhere anymore.
When I first installed this software in 2012 (DM?) there was a place to store what cylinders you use (I believe it was in "Settings"), and their actual cubic feet at their working pressure. You could also, at that time, select which of your stored cylinders was the default cylinder that you usually used, and that cylinder was always used in the calculations done on the downloaded dives, unless you manually specified that you had used a different cylinder other than your default.
When I first installed DM5, all cylinder data from previous version of DM and previously downloaded dives were no longer there (to clarify - downloaded dives were still there, but not the cylinder data that had been input by me), there seemed to no longer be a place to store cylinder data and defaults, and SAC information was also gone for all previous dives, as well as not being available for newly downloaded dives.
After a recent DM5 update, the SAC data now appears in the program again, but not the cylinder data, and though a SAC rate is given in cubic feet per minute (as an RMV would be), this can't possibly be correct data, as to provide a rate in cubic feet per minute, in addition to knowing the total psi used during the dive, you also need to know the actual cylinder volume (when full) at its working pressure (i.e. 77.4 ft3 at 3000 psi for an aluminum 80, 120.6 ft3 at 3442 psi for a Worthington Steel X7-120, etc.).

So how then is DM5 producing a SAC rate in cubic feet per minute?
[FONT=&quot]
Any help or information would be appreciated.[/FONT]

Hi,
the default tank size is set to 12l / 80cuft and deferring sizes need to be entered. Start and end pressure need to be entered manually in order to calculate the SAC rate. All fields are therefore editable. In previous versions we had both stored data and editable fields which led to confusion. However, I agree that it would be good to set defaults other than 12l/80cuft and possibly a start pressure default, just in a different way than previously done. I've added that to the to-do-list already...

br Hendrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom