BEWARE EON Steel POD batteries DOA out of box new! Very Disappointing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

etilley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I purchased the brand new EON Steel and have a dive trip coming up for Key Largo in a week. I was very excited about using the new EON, unfortunately it is not going to happen. When I went home to pair the transmitter and computer up, the battery on the POD was completely dead.

Did you drive back to the shop where you purchased and the exchange it for you or they order a new one or ??

The dive shop did not have any to swap out for me and they said Suunto wanted my POD shipped to them and I would eventually get it back, being an instructor and going on a trip in less then a week I was really surprised Suunto did not overnight a new POD to the shop for me or at the least commit to having it back before 4/3 when I leave.

That sure sucks.

Use one of these for your trip.
xhog2halfinchwhitefacepsispgsidepic1tiny.png.pagespeed.ic.lvImJ9Mhio.png

At least you received one.. they are ALL gone and ALL on back order at the moment.

Hi,
I'm very sorry about this. All the Tank Pods have passed a post-production test like all our products. That is why it is very important for us to investigate all the cases like this and therefore dealers and service centers are asked to ship them here to Finland. We’ll do our best to fix them as soon as possible.

br, Hendrik

Can you not replace or recharge the tank pod batteries???

Hi,
We have found a few Tank PODs with low battery indication, even though the battery has full energy. The solution how to fix this has already been found, however, we must ask these units to be returned to us to repair them. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience and we’ll do our utmost to provide a new Tank Pod as soon as possible.

br, Hendrik

Exact same thing happened to me I bought $440 pod at Diver's Direct in Key Largo on my vacation. Pod registered no battery red. I opened Suunto ticket; FIVE DAYS later the response was to charge my wrist unit with the USB cord. Sheer incompetence. I used Diver's Directs 30 days money back policy and got my money back. And can you imagine it SUUNTO spend an extra five months releasing this beast? Supposed to be released in November but delayed to make sure it was released properly. LOUSY COMPANY. LOUSY SUPPORT. Hendrick I feel sorry for you having to defend such sheer foolishness from your company. $440 for a tank pod and they can't get the battery to show up properly; but they assure us it is fully charged. BULL.

---------- Post added April 2nd, 2015 at 11:50 PM ----------

At least you received one.. they are ALL gone and ALL on back order at the moment.

Who cares they are back ordered and why would you want to receive one, like mine, that shows a dead battery. This too is just a brain dead response. WHO WANTS A TANK POD THAT SHOWS A DEAD BATTERY BRAND NEW FROM THE FACTORY.

---------- Post added April 2nd, 2015 at 11:52 PM ----------

Can you not replace or recharge the tank pod batteries???

Yes you can if you can get their support to respond to tickets. Took them five days to respond to mine and then they told me to charge my wrist computer to the computer. Right like that will help my tank pod battery.

---------- Post added April 2nd, 2015 at 11:53 PM ----------

Hi,
I'm very sorry about this. All the Tank Pods have passed a post-production test like all our products. That is why it is very important for us to investigate all the cases like this and therefore dealers and service centers are asked to ship them here to Finland. We’ll do our best to fix them as soon as possible.

br, Hendrik

You might revisit both your post-production tests and your customer support ticket system. Both are horrible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom