Dives in xiao liu qiu island or kenting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,

Anyone need a buddy for weekend dives in kenting. I am living in Kaohsiung, am an experienced diver and looking for someone to dive with.
Jethro

Hi,

Anyone need a buddy for weekend dives in kenting. I am living in Kaohsiung, am an experienced diver and looking for someone to dive with.
Jethro

Hey Jethro, welcome.

Very few Taiwanese are active on scubaboard. And actually, the same is also true for expats living in Taiwan. Most Taiwanese divers, and most expats who dive in Taiwan, are not active on scubaboard. There are a lot of folks who dive all the time, though, so don't mistake a quiet forum here for a lack of divers.

There is an English language Facebook group dedicated to diving in Taiwan -- I think Andy Gray started it (Andy is Ambertiger here on scubaboard) -- and some of my dive buddies are active there. I don't use Facebook, so I can't give you the details.

If you are Taiwanese, and/or if you can speak Mandarin Chinese and/or Taiwanese: again, it's mostly discussed on FB and other social media other than scubaboard. Most divers in Taiwan are Taiwanese, of course, so mostly they discuss stuff in Taiwanese or Mandarin Chinese -- not English.

I was in Kending last weekend diving with a bunch of friends -- some dive buddies from Taipei, some from Taichung, some from Kaohsiung, and a couple of us were from smaller cities or towns. Great diving: pygmy seahorses, cuttlefish, all sorts of nudibranchs, etc. etc. Viz was 35 meters at the boat diving sites, and 15 - 25 meters at shore diving sites.

For a variety of reasons I won't be able to dive with you in Kending any time within the next few months. I can, however, recommend some local scuba professionals who can guide you around the Kending reefs for a modest service fee.

PM me if you want to.

Cheers,
M

Last edited:
If you have two places to go.
These two places each have their own characteristics.
Enjoy your diving tourism.

Hey Jethro, welcome.

Very few Taiwanese are active on scubaboard. And actually, the same is also true for expats living in Taiwan. Most Taiwanese divers, and most expats who dive in Taiwan, are not active on scubaboard. There are a lot of folks who dive all the time, though, so don't mistake a quiet forum here for a lack of divers.

There is an English language Facebook group dedicated to diving in Taiwan -- I think Andy Gray started it (Andy is Ambertiger here on scubaboard) -- and some of my dive buddies are active there. I don't use Facebook, so I can't give you the details.

If you are Taiwanese, and/or if you can speak Mandarin Chinese and/or Taiwanese: again, it's mostly discussed on FB and other social media other than scubaboard. Most divers in Taiwan are Taiwanese, of course, so mostly they discuss stuff in Taiwanese or Mandarin Chinese -- not English.

I was in Kending last weekend diving with a bunch of friends -- some dive buddies from Taipei, some from Taichung, some from Kaohsiung, and a couple of us were from smaller cities or towns. Great diving: pygmy seahorses, cuttlefish, all sorts of nudibranchs, etc. etc. Viz was 35 meters at the boat diving sites, and 15 - 25 meters at shore diving sites.

For a variety of reasons I won't be able to dive with you in Kending any time within the next few months. I can, however, recommend some local scuba professionals who can guide you around the Kending reefs for a modest service fee.

PM me if you want to.

Cheers,
M

I live in China, but I'm a 'laowai' from the US and speak fluent Chinese. I actually served a Mormon mission and Kenting was one of my areas for 7 months (we lived in Hengchun).. one thing LDS missionaries can't do is go in the ocean, so I'm keen to get back to my old stomping grounds, see some friends, and log a few dives.... I'd be grateful for any contacts who might want to lead a dive, or the name of a good dive shop in Kenting.

Taiwanese here, northern region. People have many active FB diving groups.

Sent from Tapatalk mobile

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom