Exceptional airfares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, I looked for my old thread requesting help with the best way to Bali.....darn, I post too much. Anyway, could not find it so I just want to post this. I just got off with Theresa owner of Emerson Travel on Ward. She is quoting me 700 round trip to Bali on either China Airways or Continental via Guam. Not sure why she can do it for so much less than anywhere else (foreign currency?) but if you need a ticket, I would check them out!. This is about 1000 dollars less than any other fare I could find. I just called back and asked..."round trip, right?" and she assures me that they have the best fares to Indonesia, Guam etc because they have been wholesaling that route for years.

That is an awesome airfare - so much so that I can't help thinking "what's the catch". Maybe less desirable departure dates/times or something.

But for a savings of that much, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Oh, yea, thats the big jet from Newark I think! I take that from the east coast to Honolulu, non-stop and it continues on to Guam I think. (Continental). Cheryl, all i told her was first two weeks in October! Seriously, I think it has something to do with China exchange rates because the tickets are very low but the tax is a couple hundred... and has to be paid with a seperate check. I will let you know if something funny happens but the guy that turned me on to her owns businesses (Pizza Hut and Adidias factories in Jakarta).

No CO flights 1 & 2 are between (I believe) Houston (IAH), connect in HNL, and GUM.
The Island hopper has like 5 stops in FSM (Micronesia) and takes much longer. Its a Continental Micronesia plane (smaller & cramped). The CO direct plane is a big DC 10 as I remember.

Make sure you can bring enough luggage to include your gear.

Pete

good point! Oh yea, the island hopper. I got on that once when I went to Micronesia on miles. We landed on every little island! Oh.... I am so broke after April 15, I may have to paddle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom