Honolulu Marathon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat:
The 34th Annual Honolulu Marathon
will be held on Sunday, December 10, 2006.

Who is with me?

The thought of my trying to run even 1 mile sends shivers up my spine. I used to run (though I hated it) but gave it up because of crappy knees. I also hate the feeling of sweating.

I only swim for exercise now.

I will send my designee---JB will do it!

He was doing triatholons with his sister before he left who is gearing up for the half iron man.

Reefcheck Hawaii will have a big presence.

How far is it Tom?

I wonder if I could ride my bike, just for fun. (running is not fun)

Last year I volunteered at the finisher's refreshment stand. I do my part . . . .

Seriously, I so respect your dedication.

Oh...I just got the scoop 26.2 miles. JB just gave the history lesson about Marathon, Greece and the battle....the runner who dropped dead after delivering the message.

he says yea, he will run it.

I don't think they will let you ride your bike. Last year they didn't let strollers or anything of the like on the course. The wheel chair atheletes started 5 min before the rest of us. Now there were people dressed as apes, bunnies, and one guy dressed as Robo-cop.

I look forward to doing it with Capt. JB.

okay, I will start getting him in shape right away. Sounds like he is coming home a little skinny though.

yea, he nixed my bike, says no can do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom