Local grinds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
If you could get a special local treat to eat right now....what would it be?
Me, I'd could go for a Kalua Pork sandwich :eyebrow:

When I'm on Maui I can never resist the best island treat ever. It's found in Kihei in the Azeka Plaza.

Taco Bell :D

oh you....is it a local toco with some poi?

my favorite is the kalua pig/pork sandwich from Da Big Kahuna's (off of pu'uloa st). A little hole in the wall place, but they are busy all the time. cheap but really good food. they only have 4 or 5 tables. they are da best : )

Loco Moco form Sam Choy's in the Kaloko Industrial center in Kona. Or a burger from that burger joint that is at north shore Oahu`. Great, now I can't go to sleep until I remember the name of that place. Help me out justleesa, there is another one near Ward Center, same name. ARRGGGGGHHHHHH.

LioKai

I know which one you mean, but I can't think of the name right now either....Starts with a K though....

Long black piggie from Killer Tacos in Kona. (Longboard burrito with black beans and kalua pork).
BTW, I think that K-T has opened a place on the North Shore (Oahu) somewhere.

I'm in San Diego right now, so at least I can get good Mexican food! Hmmm. Machaca for lunch.

Al Mialkovsky:
When I'm on Maui I can never resist the best island treat ever. It's found in Kihei in the Azeka Plaza.

Taco Bell :D

What? no poi?

LioKai:
Or a burger from that burger joint that is at north shore Oahu`. Great, now I can't go to sleep until I remember the name of that place. Help me out justleesa, there is another one near Ward Center, same name. ARRGGGGGHHHHHH.

LioKai
Kua Aina?

Three of my favorite spots were in that Ward St area. Kua Aina, the vietnamese sandwich shop next to the sports store, and the BBQ place across the street (their pig out special is incredible) I think its called a combo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom