MK 20 yoke screw problem, help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stokes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I dove last Sunday and was surprised that after the dive, I couldn't unscrew my reg from the tank. The black knob would turn, but the metal attached to the black knob that screws into the tank was not moving. Luckily after shaking it a bit, it loosened and I was able to remove take my reg out. Clearly there is a problem with the screw, the base of the metal portion has lost whatever grip it had on the black knob. Anyone with an idea how to fix this?

I asked how much it would cost to buy the yoke screw here in the Philippines and I found it a bit too expensive... converted to USD they were asking for $50. Is that really the cost of a yoke screw?

pardon my ignorance... what's a yoke light?

if it is the repacement for my yoke, and in the U.S., it only costs $20, it may be cheaper for me to have it purchased there instead of me buying it here at $50.

is the yoke screw that you are looking for with a light integrated into the handle for a night dive marker. Can be ordered from leisurepro.com (part # AQUYLRC9) for 18.95 + shipping. At $50.00, I suspect your shop may be selling you a replacement yoke assembly rather than just the yoke screw. In any case, it would be hard to beat the leisurepro price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom