Parts for Spare Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I accidentally over tightened the filling valve on my Spare Air 3.0, and when I unscrewed the fill valve, the threaded portion came with it, the only way to get it off was with pliers, therefore stripping the threads.

Where could I get a replacement part like this?

I hate when the mfg. says that. Okay then I would try where you bought it or ask them for the nearest couple of service centers and then just call them and see if they will send you the parts.

I tried, they want me to take it to a service center... eventhough there is none within 60 miles..

Just attach it well & don't pull a good one like a friend I know(I've had a 3.0 Spare Air since '88 & tried to tell him before hand...lol).....He bought a 6.0 Odyssey for a trip this summer to the Flower Gardens.....Well, after our 1st dive @ East Flower Garden Bouy 3, I believe, he came up(was buddied with another friend) & had this VERY bad look on his face----NO ODYSSEY---"I lost it"....

It came out of the shoulder holder without him knowing....Naturally on the next dive(same buoy) there were 30 divers looking but it must have slipped into a deep, narrow canyon below the coral heads--again no Odyssey......Oh well, I gave him an extra lanyard I had & said 'If there is a next time, please use it'...$250 lesson learned from going to the school of hard knocks..........GEAUX TIGERS.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom