What manifold with isolator do you use with your doubles? Leanin towards a Thermo.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackknife

Reaction score
What do you guys use? I've been looking at the Thermo line, I believe they provided the valves for PST, which are all my tanks, HP 100's. Are these any good for use as a manifold, can you use them for Nitrox? If they are anything like the one's on my PST currently, I'm thinking they would be fine. If you have any experience or opinions about these Tank Manifolds I would appreciate your input, because I'm leaning towards buying one.

But in any case I'm gonna ask anyway, which is the strongest most reliable double tank manifold and isolator in production? If you use one, please by all means speak. Thanks. What are the pros' and con's of any particular brand (ie Thermo)?

I'm sure Halcyon, Scuba Pro and Dive Rite will come up. I haven't heard anything on OMS as of yet. What to stay away from, what to go for, etc....?

Stay away from the Thermo manifold... They are junk... Not strong enough to be relied on. They look a little chinsy too, thats always what has worried me about them. SOme others, like Sea Elite, Dive Rite, and Halcyon look to be a bit beefier, and more low profile. I would go with one of those three...

I have Halcyons and Sea Elites, both are great, basically the same but Sea Elite is cheaper.

WW

I have the older style DR, which is the Sea Elite/Halcyon. The SE is well built and you need about 1 1/2 turns to isolate or shut off a post. And the price isn't that bad.

Eric

I have the oms until i drop the 1K on a new set of tanks, bands, and a Sea Elite.

had i known the oms was a single o ring seal inever would have got it.

Andy

But I use dive rite and oms. I like the dive rite better than the oms.

Good luck,

dave

Who sells them and where can get a good deal on these? I was thinking about going independant doubles for a while to try it out, but if I get the manifold I think that would be fine too.

www.divers-supply.com or www.ebay.com

Divers Supply sells them on eBay occasionally, at a significant discount to their regular online price. Make sure you get the 300 bar version - there's no real need for the 200 bar/yoke convertable version unless you plan on using yoke regulators or loaning it to someone with yoke regulators! If getting a DIN fill is an issue, get a fill adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom