Blowing Air Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Takes a little practice.

1) take a large breath
2) look straight up, (lying on your back helps)
3) keep mouth closed
4) puff up your cheeks (gently not a lot of pressure)
5) release lips into round circular shape.

The way I describe this to a newby is "like your making a cork popping sound"

try it a couple of times .
alter tension in your cheeks and size of opening till you get it just right.

Mike

Figured out how to do them some time ago....

Some tips...

1. lie on the bottom of the pool directly facing the surface.
2. push your chin towards the cieling.
3. puff your cheeks (comfortably).
4. try to create a cirle with your lips as you make a popping sound

I watched a DM in Bonaire blowing them from 100 ft, but the really amazing part was to see him blow 2 and send the second one THROUGH the first! I can get an occasional one to work but nothing like this fellow.

You can also blow them big enough for people to swim down through them....that's pretty cool too.

On a dive/snorkeling trip in Punta Cana a Freediving Dive master would go down to about 25-30 feet and blow a ring. It would slowly rise and get bigger and bigger. He would quickly swim past the ring and dive back down through it. It was a great show for the snorkelers.

ripngrind once bubbled...
Ive seen photos of divers blowing air rings!

Can Anybody tell me how do you do it?

Did it take long to Perfect?

:confused:
...pretty well, but not every time. It is one of the more worthless skills I have learned, but it is good practice to see how your reg breathes. Lie down on the bottom on your back, breathe in, take reg out of mouth, do what the others said (cheeks, etc.), and then put reg back and take another breath. You might be surprised how hard it is to breathe out of your reg in this position...

O-ring once bubbled...

Lie down on the bottom....

On the bottom? O-ring I am suprised at you!

so the question that bears asking is ...................Can anyone blow the rings whilst performing the "Warhammer" manoevre?:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom