DOT#'s OK, whats TW #s?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4sdi

Contributor
Reaction score
A friend asked me the other day, he was wondering what the TW numbers mean on a scuba tank? I understand the DOT numbers, but TW? We've seen them on some Scuba tanks, and a lot of fire extinguishers. Ususally their under the DOT numbers. Does it have something to do with Canada dept of Transportation?

Thanks

Mark

Possibly the mark of the Taylor Wharton company, which makes all sorts of pressure cylinders, but I think they stopped marketing scuba tanks a few years ago. The number would be the serial number or a product code.
Neil

According to my NAUI Master SCUBA Diver book, the Canadian marking would be either CTC (Canadian Transporation Commission) or prior to 1970, ICC (Interstate Commerce Commission) I wouldn't think it was Canadian then. I would go with what neil said. The Taylor Wharton company.

Anyone else??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom