Visual for new tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lemonade

Reaction score
Ordered two new PST tanks through my LDS, paid MSRP.
As far as I understand, new E-Series PST tanks come oxygen ready from the factory.

Should I expect to pay extra for Visual or Nitrox stickers?

Lemonade once bubbled...
As far as I understand, new E-Series PST tanks come oxygen ready from the factory.

Depends on your shop. Many will throw it in, many will not. They might hit you for a fill too.

WW

Will see, I shoud've clarified before ordering...

PST tanks come O2 clean, valve on and a tiny amount of gas in them. therefore they don't require cleaning or a visual. I don't remember (I would have to ask my wife as she is the one who receives shipments) what are on them in the way of stickers. I know there isn't a nitrox wrap but I think there is an O2 clean vis sticker. Anyway, the point is you might have to buy a sticker but you shouldn't need to pay for a visual.

The last PST tanks I bought came with a VIS sticker on them placed there by PST . I was putting a manifold on them so I did a new VIS on them anyway .but they already had a sticker indicating a VIS had been done.
Joens

Lemonade once bubbled...

If your local shop charges you for a visual than find another shop..If your talking about the "Nitrox" sticker that wraps around your tank, you'll have to buy that if the tank doesnt come with it already on it...They shouldnt charge you for the "O2 Clean" sticker, if they do find another shop as they alreay nailed you for the price of the tanks...:wacko: :wacko:

the last four I bought sans valve came with all the stickers loose in the box for me to apply... including unpunched viz sticker.

Of course I did a visual... and good thing too... one tank had a snake in it, another had a mouse, the third was half full of tar and the forth one said "wee wee wee" all the way home.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
the last four I bought sans valve came with all the stickers loose in the box for me to apply... including unpunched viz sticker.

Of course I did a visual... and good thing too... one tank had a snake in it, another had a mouse, the third was half full of tar and the forth one said "wee wee wee" all the way home.

the one with a snake MIGHT have had a mouse too... did you perform a visual on the inside of the snake?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom